Heidi Ganahl is a Terrible Idea for Colorado!
Heidi Ganahl, the Republican candidate for Governor, is a terrible choice for voters in the state. She has openly voiced her support for President Trump and his policies, which are dangerous and harmful to Coloradans. Ganahl is also opposed to psychedelic research, which could provide valuable treatments for mental health conditions. Her record shows that she does not have the best interests of Colorado residents at heart, and she should not be elected to congress.
Heidi Ganahl is a Terrible Idea because she supports Trump's delusion that the election was fraudulent somehow. She is against the initiative to legalize psilocybin too. And really has no policies it seems, other then trying to help Trump & republicans cover up what really happened that led to jan. 6 2021 anyway she can. Polis has done a lot for the state since taking office his accomplishments are numerous. Before COVID we had one of the best economies' in the country and Polis led us masterfully through the pandemic. Ganahl would start whittling away at the progress governor Polis has made. Coloradoan's do not want to go backwards, we believe in women's & everyone's rights, we believe in progress and Polis is leading us down that road, we must re-elect Polis! Ganahl only has support from trumpsters and people who want to see our state go backwards not forwards. Support Democrats and their platform, not another Republican with no ideas! Now let's look at Polis.
1. First openly gay male governor in the United States
Jared Polis made history in 2018 when he became the first openly gay man to be elected as a governor in the United States. This accomplishment is significant as it breaks down barriers for LGBTQ+ people across the country and sends a strong message that everyone is welcome in Colorado.
2. Signed executive order creating Office of Outdoor Recreation
In 2019, Governor Polis signed an executive order creating the Office of Outdoor Recreation in Colorado. This office will work to support the state’s $28 billion outdoor recreation industry and promote access to outdoor spaces for all Coloradans.
3. Passed paid family and medical leave program
In 2019, Governor Polis signed into law a paid family and medical leave program that will provide up to 12 weeks of paid leave for Colorado workers. This is the first such program in the Rocky Mountain West and will benefit approximately 2 million Colorado workers.
4. Investing in renewable energy
Governor Polis has been a strong supporter of investing in renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power. In 2019, he signed a bill that requires utilities to generate 100% of their electricity from renewable sources by 2040. This is one of the most ambitious renewable energy goals in the country and will help Colorado lead the way in the fight against climate change
5. Signed a bill into law that made Colorado the first state to legalize recreational marijuana
6. Signed an executive order establishing Colorado as a sanctuary state for immigrants
7. Vetoed a bill that would have required schools to teach abstinence-only sex education
8. Appointed the first Latina to the Colorado Supreme Court
9. He increased funding for public schools by $1 billion, Successfully worked with the legislature to pass a $1.6 billion dollar investment in public schools, the largest investment in Colorado schools in over a decade
10. He signed a bill into law that made Colorado the first state in the nation to adopt paid family and medical leave
11. He expanded access to early childhood education
12. He worked to make college more affordable for Colorado students
13. He enacted gun reform measures in the wake of the mass shooting at a school in Highlands Ranch
14. He signed an executive order that created a task force to address the state's housing crisis
15. Led the effort to pass legislation that provides free full-day kindergarten for all Colorado children
16. Created a new program that will provide free community college tuition for all Colorado residents
And that is just a sample of what Governor Polis has done, are we really going to trust a republican to do anything close? I don't think so! Now let's look at Heidi Ganahl's record.
1. She started a business
Heidi Ganahl is the founder and CEO of Camp Bow Wow, a national pet care company with over 150 locations. Prior to starting Camp Bow Wow, Ms. Ganahl was an executive at several startups in the pet industry, including Petsmart and Petco.
2. She ran for office
In 2010, Ms. Ganahl ran for the office of Colorado State Treasurer. She lost the election to Democrat Walker Stapleton.
3. She was appointed to a commission
In 2012, Ms. Ganahl was appointed by Governor John Hickenlooper to the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
4. She gave money to a political campaign
In 2016, Ms. Ganahl donated $2,700 to the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton.
5.In 2010, she was appointed to the Colorado State University Board of Governors by then-Governor Bill Ritter.
6. Ganahl is a member of the CU Boulder Foundation Board of Trustees and the Leeds School of Business Advisory Board.
7. She has also served on the boards of directors for several other organizations, including the Better Business Bureau of Denver/Boulder and the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce.
8. In 2017, Ganahl ran for a seat on the University of Colorado Board of Regents, but was defeated in the primary election.
9. She's been on reality TV, Heidi Ganahl has appeared on the reality TV show The Apprentice, as well as the spin-off show Celebrity Apprentice.
10. She's active in politics, she switched parties
Heidi Ganahl is now a member of the Republican Party and has served on the Colorado State Board of Education since 2015. Heidi Ganahl is a terrible idea for Colorado’s governor. She has switched parties and it’s obvious she did it to gain power, because she thought Trump was unstoppable, she switched parties solely to gain power or maybe she was starstruck. Her policy seems to be parroting Donald Trump without any intelligence or understanding of the issues. She’s an election denier and we can’t let her take us backwards. On the other hand, Jared Polis has done so much for Colorado and we must continue that progressive vision. I provided a list of their accomplishments and why would anyone want to change course at this point? I believe this will turn out as one of the two most important elections of our lifetimes in 2022 & 2024. We cannot let the republicans continue to take this country backwards, stripping women of their rights and who's next? They will not stop at abortion - if they win, welcome to a “White Bread Government” that may never get voted out, because many people won't be able to vote. THINK! Please don’t forget to vote in November- it may be one of the most important elections of our lifetimes. And please help out at your local Democratic office if you can- they need all the help they can get! I know of 11 million that was donated to fight against us by just one Oilman on Sunday, Imagine all the money coming in to defeat the Democrats in Colorado, stay vigilant! Share this post with your friends and family, so they can make an informed decision on who to vote for too. Let’s keep Colorado moving forward!